Dear Dude in My Class,
If you have chosen for your literature search project a scholarly article titled, "Broken and Becoming God-Sized: Contemporary Metal Music and Masculine Individualism," and then if you just skimmed through it because you assumed that I surely wouldn't read it, you have made a big mistake. And you obviously don't know me too well.
Thank you, though, for not choosing as the article for your in-depth analysis the one titled, "Heavy Metal Carnival & Dis-Alientation: The Politics of Grotesque Realism." Because I'm much less interested in GWAR.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is it wrong that I immediately recognized "Broken" and "God sized" as lyrics from Pantera?
It clearly means that you identify with the masculine dual identity of self as dominated and self as dominant. Or maybe that you like fast guitar playing. Either way.
Post a Comment