I've helped a few people write personal ads. I like to think that because I know a little bit about interpersonal interaction, I'm good at it. I have absolutely no evidence to support that notion. During one of my last years of grad school, I helped my roommate write a personal ad. I gave him feedback that one part of it might be a little intimidating for women. His response was, "So, are you saying that I should place an ad that you would respond to?" I was sort of embarrassed by that, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense--why wouldn't I want my friend to date someone like me? I get along pretty well with people who are like me. Although the personal ad was a bust, my roommate did end up with someone who is very much like me (me). But I haven't changed my personal-ad-consulting strategy. Be forewarned that if I help you with your personal ad, this is the result:
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'd love to see your personal ad for me.
Post a Comment