- I used to do a "just in time" teaching thingy in one of my courses. It worked beautifully to encourage students to read the assigned material and to help me identify areas of confusion for them. The downside was that I had to read and score and respond to 25 assignments an hour or two before class. I didn't like that part. I removed them from the course this time around. I feel kind of bad about that. Does that make me a bad person? If it does, don't tell me.
- I bought one of these deals a few weeks ago from Sweetwater:

It's an Edirol R-09HR handheld recorder with built-in condenser microphones. It's AWESOME. Now my favorite reading material before bed these days is the Sweetwater Pro-Audio catalog. I love looking at the guitar pedals and amps, even though I really have no idea what I'm looking at (Vox amps are so pretty). And the pro arranger keyboards are fun to read about, too.
- Ooh! My birthday is coming up! Maybe I'll fold down some of the pages in the Sweetwater catalog . . .
- This has been a very, very long week. And it's not over yet.
- I'm losing more hearing in my left ear (that's the one that's worse to begin with). I'm trying to pretend that's not the case, but I will have to deal with it sometime. Stupid stapes.
- At this point, I'm thinking it was a good decision to have one more writing intensive course than usual and 20 fewer students than usual. This might change later in the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment