Monday, September 22, 2008

Hooray. A surprise.

  • When you order an iced soy latte, but they make you an iced soy chai instead, it's not such a great surprise because you're expecting something that tastes like espresso, but you end up with something that tastes like Old Spice.
  • Excuse me, woman in the minivan? Yes, I'm sorry to interrupt your obviously important cell phone conversation, but I just wanted to let you know that you have children in the back seat of your vehicle. And not just any old, unimportant children, but your children. You know, the ones through whose achievements you plan to live vicariously. Those children. So, you might want to avoid killing them with your bad driving, and you also might want to avoid giving them post-traumatic stress disorder by forcing them to witness you running over a pedestrian (this would benefit me as well). Because if you think those nightmares from watching the Harry Potter movies are bad . . .

4 comments:

Blog Mom said...

Ditto me in on the comment to the woman in the minivan, but if I could add "man in BMW obvioulsy on a VERY important sales call" and "teenager in nicer car than I'm driving texting to her BFF / his 'peeps' (is that still the popular venacular?)".

MJ said...

Have I mentioned lately how much I heart the Banality??? 2,000 miles away and you still make me laugh!

cyn said...

Aw, thanks, MJ!

And Mer, I'm with you on that. I happen to encounter the minivan-driving moms often because I run at a time when they're taking their kids to school.

Ben said...

Was this another incident while running? Apparently, getting run over is a constant danger for you. Can't Mr. Banality craft up a blaze orange running outfit with flags and flashing lights? Perhaps that would alert the townies to your presence at intersections.