Monday, September 15, 2008

Distracted . . .

  • I had chocolate cake for breakfast. Oh yes I did.
  • I talked about an allegory in class today. An ALLEGORY! That doesn't happen very often.
  • There's a banana peel on one of the sidewalks on my running route. It's been there since Friday, and even though it's right next to a dumpster, I haven't picked it up yet because (1) it's not a frequently used sidewalk and (2) it's a banana peel on a sidewalk. Come on--that's funny.
  • Mr. Banality bought me a Yamaha PSRE 413 keyboard for my birthday. I intend to use it to improve my sightreading skills and to enter melodies into my Band-in-a-Box program. The keyboard has many more features than I really need. Those features [504 voices (instruments the keyboard can sound like), 100 arpeggio types, 165 preset styles, 30 preset songs, a pitch-bending wheel, and 5 song/6 track recording] almost made me late for class today.
  • I still haven't used the keyboard for any of the things I originally bought it for.
  • I can make the keyboard sound like Kenny G., and I have done so in order to irritate Mr. Banality and to get that one Kenny G. song stuck in Mr. Banality's head. Some thanks he gets for buying me a keyboard.
  • To make up for the Kenny G. thing, I also played the theme music from Fletch because, apparently, having Harold Faltermeyer music stuck in one's head is more pleasant than having Kenny G. music stuck in one's head, at least according to Mr. Banality.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Can't wait to hear the Fletch theme music. Seriously. Can I just come over now?

Anonymous said...

I also came here to request the Fletch theme, but I see that Ben beat me to it.

Ooh, ooh, does it have a sampler? 'Cause then you could do "Nineteen" by Paul Hardcastle.