Sunday, February 3, 2008

GET ORGANIZED WITH MY SIMPLE SYSTEM!
What compels me to make cryptic entries in my planner? I am not some Capitol Hill madam trying to hide the identities of her high ranking government official clients. Friday's entry was "1:15 134." This entry was in reference to a guest lecture that I was reminded about on Thursday by the colleague whose class was at 1:15 in room 134. Saturday's entry was "Sp.B. noon." If I agree to do something a month in advance, I should really (1) read the e-mail message that provides the details of the commitment and (2) provide myself with a better retrieval cue than "Sp.B. noon." I would have been a little freaked out by that particular entry--if I had actually looked at it before Saturday at 2:30. On Monday, I have "Jordan" to look forward to at 11:00 and then "Tim" at noon. I can't wait to find out who these people are! Tuesday I get to experience "4:00 - 8:00," although that's not a big mystery to me because there's only one thing I'm doing these days that requires meetings that last for four hours.

IN FACT, I MIGHT THINK I'M PRETTY SMART
So, if I give you an essay question about the nature v. nurture issue, don't try to pull a fast one on me by using the term "nuture" twice and hoping that I'll assume that you know which is which. HA. "Nuture" isn't even a word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goody, you've given me a reason to link to one of my favorite articles from The Onion.