Misery loves company, so I've decided to get "A Wonderful Christmastime" stuck in as many heads as possible.
As they say in the Jack Chick tracts, "HAW HAW!"
Speaking of Chick, my HS jazz band took two field trips. The first was to see MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER. I know. Not a jazz concert. It was more like listening to a series of obnoxious ringtones.
The second was a masterclass with Chick Corea. High school students at a masterclass with Chick Corea! Can you imagine? He sat on a stage and drank herbal tea and talked about L. Ron Hubbard. I was so confused.
Then we went back to school and rehearsed "Owner of a Lonely Heart," which we proceeded to play at every home basketball game from then on out. Wow, was I a bad trumpet player.
I solemnly swear that when the Viva arrives, I will create a post about it in which I incessantly reflect on the hidden meaning behind our choice of the sectional over a less versatile form of seating. I also will discuss the possibility that the Viva is my totem. And, yes, I will call the post "La Viva Loca."
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
+10 points for the Chick link. He's just bug-eyed crazy, that one.
Chick Corea. Wow. When I was young and impressionable I loved to read terrible sci-fi books, including "Battlefield Earth." Inside was this weird little postcard explaining how this was the best book EVAH because it had...a soundtrack. There were all these weird photos of Chick Corea, whom I had never heard of at the time, with frothing copy about how revolutionary this was and how L. Ron would get your whites whiter, improve your gas mileage, and cure cancer. Even as a kid I remember thinking the guy was a freak.
Oh, and I would call your HS jazz band instructor and demand compensation for dragging you to the MS concert. Be sure to include the phrase, "Nothing can undo what you've done!" (Props to Achewood)
Post a Comment