- The fancy exercise machines at the gym feature media centers with touch screens, but I can't get the touch screens to work. The other day I couldn't get the TV off of C-SPAN2's coverage of Chairman Bernanke talking about housing finance, which mostly made me want to lie down and take a nap. There's also a feature on these machines that allows you to hook your iPod up to the system so that you can use the touch screen to control your iPod. That didn't work out so well for me either because it was taking an eternity to scroll through the artist menu. I got fed up around the "J" portion of the list and ended up listening to Justin Timberlake for the duration of my run. The slow jams are not so great for running to (or for listening to for that matter), but it's pretty awesome to imagine that when JT says, "Damn, Girl!" he's referring to my incredible speed. But then will.i.am (who is featured on the "Damn, Girl" song) says something about "feminine gelatin," and suddenly I am wondering if there is any possible way to construe that as a sexy thing to say, and I conclude that it's not because ew. Then all I can think of is a certain aisle at Walgreens, and by the time I process all that, it's almost time for me to stop running.
- Dear Sweatpants, Please break up with Uggs. You guys do not make a good looking couple.
- The automated prescription refill lady always sounds so surprised to hear from me when I call her. And each time, I reflexively respond to the surprise in her voice by checking my prescription label to make sure I'm not trying to refill it too early. Last time I was.
- There is something about the Death Cab for Cutie song "Transatlanticism" that just gets me. I would have a huge crush on Ben Gibbard, but I can't get past his resemblance to Corey Feldman.
Ben Gibbard:
Corey Feldman:

- Mr. Banality and I are terrible at grocery shopping, and the consequences are not pretty. The other night, we needed to have some dinner tout de suite because Mr. Banality only had about 30 minutes before he was scheduled to meet his homies at the gym. This happens frequently, so you'd think we'd buy some foods that can be prepared quickly, but we don't. So, the other night we ate leftover cranberry sauce, an apple, and frozen spring rolls that had been cooked in a microwave until lukewarm and flaccid, served with the sauce that comes along with the frozen spring rolls, which had the consistency of rubber cement. If we get a horrible winter storm, we will be trapped in our home with nothing to eat but a box of hummus mix and a nearly petrified baby carrot. Wanna come over for dinner?
6 comments:
We get into a rut of only quick meals. I don't know what to do with myself when the summer rolls around and I actually have time to cook!
We probably have cereal for dinner 2-3 times a week....I'm such a bad mother.
I have cereal for dinner 2-3 times a week and I'm such a bad mutha.
(Sounded funnier in my head a minute or two ago...)
I saw some sweatpants + uggs today. It made me think of you and your blog.
Way to make me smile on a day I didn't even see you.
Awww . . . Next time, trip the person.
Oh, and cereal for dinner? BRILLIANT idea! Unfortunately, we don't have any cereal.
Post a Comment