Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Misc

  • Where did this summer go? I honestly can't remember what I've done for the past 2 1/2 months.
  • The pharmacist looked askance at me when I requested more pseudoephedrine yesterday. I have purchased 2160 mg in the past month, which is 5340 mg below the maximum I could purchase according to state law. So stop looking at me like that, lady. The only reason I remotely resemble a meth addict is because I haven't had a decent night's sleep in weeks. Because of the congestion, you see.
  • When I arrived home last night, Mr. Banality asked me to listen to a phone message. "You'll be surprised," he said. I immediately thought, We've been matched with an expectant mother. I suddenly experienced a sense of sheer dread, not because I don't want to adopt a child, but because now is not a good time for me to have to prepare for a child, given that I'm woefully unprepared for the upcoming semester. The message turned out to be from our former boss, a big-wig researcher at a Big 10 university. Mr. Banality inexplicably had sent her an e-mail message to "catch up," and she was calling in response to the message.
  • OK, so the e-mail message was not completely inexplicable. Mr. Banality has been making noises about whether or not we'll stay here long-term and has been thinking about letters of recommendation. What are my thoughts on this? Mostly, holy crap, I'd have to go through the tenure process again. This is not a positive thought.
  • How did it get to be 11:45 already? This might help answer my question about where the summer went.
  • I purchased a handheld recorder online the other day and received a phone call from a sales rep the next day. It was an unexpected and disorienting experience. If I order something online, I expect correspondence to be via e-mail, not phone. The guy was very nice, though, and it turns out that he works quite often with the woman who recommended the site to me.
  • Well, I should get back to the batch of meth I'm cooking up in my basement class preparation.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I do love how blogging goes up as the school year approaches.

I feel I must add the requisite pleading here: "You and Mr. Banality can't go!" No, seriously... I mean it.