Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some Good Things . . .

  • e-music finally has Exile in Guyville! To celebrate, tell me what your favorite Liz Phair song is.
  • I ran 6 miles today and had no knee pain, which is something that hasn't happened in several years. Keep up the good work, knee!
  • We have a tendency to make impulsive purchases of small appliances. This time, it's a Viking Professional Blender. And that means I will be having banana smoothies for every meal for the rest of the summer.
  • A squirrel was standing in our yard, holding a stick. He looked like a minuteman. Then he wrestled the stick to the ground. I think maybe you had to be there.
  • My niece has a quote from a song by The Darkness on her Facebook page. I am so proud.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo woo! Not a bad song on that whole album. "Divorce Song" is just amazing. Always been partial to "Supernova" as well.

I be lovin' me some LIz. I saw her a few years ago in Anaheim while we were at Disneyland. I was walking by the House of Blues and saw that she was playing that night. I grabbed one of the remaining tickets and had me a grand old time. Highlight: During a break, she started an impromptu version of "Don't Fear the Reaper," resplendent with extry cowbell.

Ben said...

Congrats on the successful run! Keep it up.

With the re-release of Guyville, I'm finally getting caught up on Liz Phair. For now I'd have to go with "Never Said" or "Supernova."

cyn said...

When I start my Liz Phair tribute band, I'll be sure to include "Don't Fear the Reaper" in the set list.

Anonymous said...

I will pay one million of your American dollars to see you front a Liz Phair tribute band.

Five million if you call it "The F***-and-Runners"

Sorry, can I say that on the air?

Ben said...

You might not be able to say it on the air, but I'm already making the tshirts. Count me in for 5 mil, too, btw. This needs to happen.