Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Teaching Tip . . .

Don't try to grade critical review papers while listening to The Black Keys. You will immediately become highly unmotivated to grade critical review papers and instead will immediately become highly motivated to drink one too many very cold beers in a dark and loud bar. And maybe shake your moneymaker a little bit, which is highly incompatible with grading papers. Or so I've heard.

2 comments:

Blog Mom said...

Just a thought.....maybe it's not the theoretical listening to The Black Keys creating the effect of losing motivation to grade critical review papers, drink too many cold beers and shake said moneymaker in a dark bar, but perhaps it's grading those aforementioned papers. In my experience, things like taking care of the kids for too many hours in a row, Spring Cleaning, and visiting in-laws produces an urge to do the same thing. I think you need to do more research and get back to us.

Ben said...

Good tip. lol. I'll leave the stack of lab reports at home when I go see The Black Keys in two weeks. :)