Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flashback Friday

It's not Friday, but I couldn't resist the alliteration.
This is a rare thing: a photo taken of me during childhood. I think this was taken on my 5th birthday. This picture illustrates several things:

1. Chocolate cake and I go way back.

2. I used to have blonde hair for reals.

3. I think we can safely blame my mother for my lack of table manners.

Although it might seem as though my mom is charmed by my attempt to shove as much chocolate cake into my gaping maw as possible, don't let her adoring gaze fool you. She's not paying any attention to me at all. Instead, she's congratulating herself on successfully color coordinating the kitchen curtains, her turtleneck, and my birthday cake. The woman is obsessed with turquoise and brown.

When this picture was taken, my mom was only a couple years older than I am now. In this picture, she is a mother of a 5 year old, a 13-year-old, and a 15-year-old, and she's rockin' the pageboy haircut, which she'll continue to do for the next 33 years of her life . My life today is nothing like her life was then, but we both can bake a tasty chocolate cake.

No comments: