I can't figure out why it's taking me so long to get through this stack of assignments.
I also can't figure out why my slippers are wet and why it's so cold in my house.
I plan to use the video to demonstrate how, um, difficult shaping in operant conditioning can be.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Insta-classic!
You should be mindful, though, of inadvertently modeling depressogenic cognitions to your class. e.g.:
"You'll never find that one." This black-and-white thinking assumes a dystopian world devoid of squirrel ingenuity.
and
"I'm such a bad shot!" Such internalized attributions hold no hope for improving your nut-throwing ability.
Those were nuts you were throwing, weren't they?
Hmm, this post isn't nearly as funny as it was in my head. Sorry 'bout that. Either way, your video was funny as hell. Post followup results once he's eating out of your hand.
Careful there--you're starting to sound like a cognitive behavioral therapist.
Well, it would have just been gauche to overstate the obvious -- that your desire to lure the squirrel towards you represents a repressed wish to return to the safety of the womb and have an oceanic merger with the squirrel/mother. Jesus, do I have to spell everything out for you non-analytic people?
If you had told me two years ago that I'd one day be watching a video clip of you feeding a squirrel on your blog--and enjoying it--I wouldn't have believed you.
More video!
That was the best video EVER!!!
Post a Comment